About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is MaryAnn , in a nutshell , Im just a city gal who left the city to live life in the desert with dreams and a family I love very much. Im just an artists , tryin' to live my dreams , go where they take me , and just see what happens.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My day on Venice Beach : P


Well its been crazy with all the remodeling goin' on at my house ,so Dave said , " Cutie , lets go to Venice Beach ! " , I got soooo excited we used to go all the time when our daughter was small and we hadn't done it in a long time . I said , " yeah! lets go! "

Awww... Venice Beach how we have missed you! Its been so long since we had been here , it felt sooo foreign . Dave and I when we first walked in , sank right in with the rest of the people.

I know that in our state here in Cali , its been a great controversy about Marijuana , there's talk of legislators sayin' they might legalize it in Cali and then it becomes this whole , we will just have medicinal shops that allow you to get a medical card , say that you have back problems or mental problems and you can be legal. I tell ya , there must have been about 5 of these centers all up and down venice and ya know what? Everyone had a smile on their face I kid you not. I don't know... is it better to take all those meds like paxil or zoloft? or is da ganje all you need? Got to love CAli!

It was nice to see all the venders selling their stuff from art to incense , jewelry, clothes , you name it , anything crafty and neat it was all their for all to have .

This place is , what I like to call, " the Break Point ", this is like the halfway point where you start to feel tired . Its also the erea where the performers perform their music , swallowing fire , dance numbers , but on this day for some reason no one was performing , this is also where one of the scenes of Tenacious D took place , if you haven't seen this movie I suggest you go out & rent it , its very funny, one of my families favorites ,especially if you have teenagers highly recommended.

There were so many places to eat , from hamburgers to hot dogs , pizza , and some real elegant restuarants if you didn't want the junk food .

From everything from marjiuana shops to crafty stuff there was alot of tatoo/piercing shops as well and they were very packed with people also.

The murals on the walls in Venice are something to be admired . I'd like to meet the artist who created these murals and say wow! your art is beautiful!

We then decide to go kick it on the beach...

We were having such a great time and the sun was starting to set...

We were sooo happy , we're getting used to being on our own with the kids off in their own lives , it just feels so free , I mean I see what the kids feel , but its a different type of feeling , well Im sure some of you know what Im talking about.

We then decide to head back to the walk and get a beer at one of the pubs and watch the rest of the sunset.

This place , this sign , is truly a symbol of new beginnings for Dave & I . We are enjoying our first summer alone very much and we have many summers together to come . We had our daughter in our early 20's and always talked about how someday we would be alone and that we would still be young enough to enjoy a journey together by ourselves and its been a really great start .

Until next time...

























No comments:

Post a Comment