About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is MaryAnn , in a nutshell , Im just a city gal who left the city to live life in the desert with dreams and a family I love very much. Im just an artists , tryin' to live my dreams , go where they take me , and just see what happens.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Im taking the next step in my ART...SCARY!!!

Hey everyone ! I know I haven't posted in a while , but I do have some really cool stuff goin' on . Lets see... where to start...well for one , I have finally decided to take the next step in my art , I had to overcome my fear of doing it , and getting over the fact that I felt I wasn't good enough and how could I possibly call myself an
"Artist". Then I decided to really get in touch with my higher self and meditate , so I started doing that a couple of weeks ago . I have always meditated , I am half Mexican and half Thai ( Thailand ) so my parents raised me both with their religions because they wanted me to choose what faith I wanted; so my mother was Catholic and my father was Buddhist , I loved both religions but Buddhism always took me more than Catholisim . So I have been meditating since I was very young . Anyway ,I have been meditating and I realized all the coincidences and signs that were showing me what the answer to my question was . OOPs! I didn't tell you what the question was , " Am I good enough to do my art ? " I had gone to Venice Beach and a artist had told me that I reminded him of Frida Khalo , that my energy was beautiful and that I should not be afraid to be who I am suppose to be , now this was an artist I had just met , who was selling his art on the walk . I thought , " Oh My Gosh ! " , this person didn't know me from Adam , and he's answering a question I had been meditating on for about a week at that point . So the next day , I started to paint the pic you see here , and realized what was I waiting for ? Why did I fear my art ? What was I thinking ? I will be making some painting and putting them up on my etsy , so I will keep you posted when they go up .
My second exciting project I will be doing is , Im going to be the guest designer next month for Bomshell stamps , Im excited about it because I have been a big fan of these stamps and its an absolute honor to be a guest designer and especially that I will have the Halloween month which makes it more fun! I will keep ya posted on that as well .
I just want to say , that if you ever feel like you fear yourself to the point where you start to get anxiety , stop!breathe! and put yourself in a quiet place, quiet your mind and ask that question that bothering you , then go out do your thing and watch for the answers they could be some words your child says , or someone's conversation in the market , and you will just go wow! this person that was by me in an opportune moment just answered my question feel it , be happy , and DO IT!!!
Because the intention is there you will be surprised how impowered you feel .
Thanks for listening as always loves ! Maryann k.

No comments:

Post a Comment