About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is MaryAnn , in a nutshell , Im just a city gal who left the city to live life in the desert with dreams and a family I love very much. Im just an artists , tryin' to live my dreams , go where they take me , and just see what happens.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wishcast Wednsday:What do you wish to begin?

Greetings & Salutations fellow Wishcasters! I have missed doing this for about a month now , I have not done wishcasting , so miss reading all your posts , I hope to be wishcasting more often . So! today the beautiful Jamie Ridler asks us , what do you wish to begin ? Well I wish to begin thinking about myself . This whole time I have been dealing with my daughter being confussed about whether or not she wants to come back home for school or live where shes living right now which is about 45 minutes away . As parents we always want our children to know we will always be there for them , no matter what ,because we love them so much , but my daughter is so scared to stay focused and mean what she says , and my life ,goals,& dreams come to a hault everytime she says, " OK I really want to take my education seriously", then we started trying to prepare for her to move back , we have a guest appartment for her we just need to paint and get it ready but everytime we start ,she goes back to , " No ,I think Im gonna stay where Im at ." This has happened twice already . I love her dearly , but Im wasting my time and my deadline on my crafts to sell on my etsy and various craft shows have been neglected , because I stop everything because I want to help her. I have realized since the last Bi-polar incident ,that I have to stop doing that and it felt good to finally realize that I don't have time for procrastination anymore . I don't have time for confusion with others in my family . These kids have to figure it out and sometimes it means stepping away,leaving them be to do that . I on the other hand , know what I want . I want to begin being organized , and thats what I've done , I went & got these shelves and put them up & now my art studio is starting to have a focus even with it not done yet with putting stuff away , I feel the difference , I feel the new beginnings in their . Its funny that Jamie made this the question , and it so happened to be exactly what I was doing .
We as loving,hard working women have to start thinking about what we want in our lives . We need to stop being so worried about everything and everyone , because we deserve our dreams and goals too ladies! Really! We do so much for our families , this is the one thing we love to do is our art and we want to be able to share it to the masses , whether it be on etsy or at a fair,craftshow , we don't ask for much ,but this we can ask of our families .
So I wish to begin thinking of myself , my dreams and my goals :

This is a a art journal page I did sorry the lighting was bad so you can't really see what it says . It says, " Tired of worrying about everyone else time to think of ME !"
Since I've been thinking of me , my energy has been amazing,I've started to get out into my community and network , I feel really positive , I see everything coming together , now all my projects that Im working on are all laid out in front of me where now Im not lost in my projects anymore because its all organized in my art studio , this is the place to be, this is where I hope to stay.

Thanks for stopping by as always it means alot.

Until next time Muah! XOXO
Luv,
MaryAnnk

12 comments:

  1. As MaryAnn wishes for herself, I wish for her also!
    Oh oh oh I soooo understand this. I have a 19 year old..in college..on her own..and bipolar. After several years of what you are dealing with. She seems to understand her own direction ok..but our relationship is up and down at best. One week she loves me bunches and the next I am the worst person on earth. It beats me up something wicked. I have decided of late that I need to take care of me too..for all the reasons you stated here! So...as a Mom who understands...thank you for sharing and I am pulling for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post MaryAnn! As you wish for yourself, I wholeheartedly wish for you also. x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing such honesty & truth! I agree, as women we do tend to place everyone first, leaving no room for ourself. We need to nurture our self being, without feeling quilt :] I hear you gal :]
    As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.
    *hugs*
    Keep focus, keep making art... YES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too give too much of myself to my daughter, so that there is not enough left for myself. Now she had gotten herself into some trouble, and I have deliberately stepped back and am making/letting her sort it out herself. Make her own choices. She's the one who will have to live with them, after all. And I am continuing on with my life, putting myself first. It is very very hard to do, so I can relate to how you feel.

    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with everything regarding your daughter. And it is important to make time for yourself - it makes you happy and it sets a good example for your kids to remember that when they're the parents.

    As you wish for yourself, so I truly wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colours you've used for the art journal page .... coming from someone who thinks in "black and white" .... stuff like this is so creative to me!

    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen, sister!
    As Mary Ann wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    I´ve already added your blog to The Artist´s Way list. We´ll be reading the Introduction during June so we can start adding the tools (like morning pages and dates) at our own pace and then start reading Chapter 1 on July 1st (or July 3rd if you are working Sunday to Sunday)

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks fellow wishcasters , Im glad we can all relate and just remind eachother to keep making our art and our dreams : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tonight at dinner my friend said it is time for you to be selfish. Your post reminded me of the same idea. As you wish for yourself so I wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was in your spot.. just such a short time ago. I know some of what you are going through. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome wish! I had a moment like that last night. Sometimes it is hard to see what the best path for myself is. Seems like your path has shown itself loud and clear. As you wish for yourself, So I wish for you as well!

    ReplyDelete