About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is MaryAnn , in a nutshell , Im just a city gal who left the city to live life in the desert with dreams and a family I love very much. Im just an artists , tryin' to live my dreams , go where they take me , and just see what happens.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Its funny that Im coming to understand what I always knew I needed in my life

Hello everyone ! Lately I've been wanting to journal more , and what better way than on my blog . As Im always saying , its hard to be an artist. So many obstacles in front of you , from family to daily life frustrations , to your own personal problems be it your health or even mental well being , lets face it ! its all a task . Since my kids leaving the nest to go to college , my daughter ,a mother herself , with her own little family at 19 ! I have finally come to realize that my family have to live their lives in their own way . That took me a while to accept due to the fact that both of them need guidance , but can only receive that guidance only if they want it . Neither one of them do , both my daughter and my nephew who I was a guardian to , do not want our advice or help , and you know what ? After a year of them away , I have to say , its been great LOL! Now I only want the best for both of them , but they left the nest so I should let them be , and let them be is just what I am giving them .
Since , Dave and I are on our own , we have our home to ourselves , its quiet ,and doing my art is now non-stop . So many exciting things are happening with our music , with my clothing design , its alot of work and not much sleep but , I'm doing what I love doing , and thats all that matters in the end , sleep can wait.. anyways I recently finished a altered bag so that was a major accomplishment for me , having a deadline ,sending it away and not knowing if it will get published or not ,all was a fear I have learned to overcome .
I have learned so much from a year and a half ago when I discovered all the mixed media artists on Youtube . These talented gutsy ladies sayin' go do it! No excuses ! and just cheering all of us on , really helped and continue to still do so to so many of us who think we can't . Im glad to be one of these women that has graduated into someone who has healed , recovered , and has strength to face the unknown , and by all means follow your dreams and go for it !
Thanks as always for listening and stay warm on this wintery day !

Luv ,

Maryannk.

No comments:

Post a Comment