About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is MaryAnn , in a nutshell , Im just a city gal who left the city to live life in the desert with dreams and a family I love very much. Im just an artists , tryin' to live my dreams , go where they take me , and just see what happens.

Saturday, August 22, 2009

My weekend with my friends from Brighton,England .

So I have been speaking of my friends from Brighton and hadn't quite been able to tell or show you what kind of time we had with our wonderful friends , so here it is . I can't believe that a week ago I was having a great time showin' them around L.A. and now their already back in england. Time does fly when your having fun indeed. So here we go , they got here , I believe last two thursdays ago it would have been Aug. 15th . They came by with a taxi and we greeted them and headed out to a thai restuarant in hollywood . We were so happy to see eachother,we had a great time drinkin' some thai beer and then we headed back to the house in hollywood. Our house in Hollywood was really weird to us , because the nite before we were rushing to get it clean , not to mention get it cleaned out of the kids , because as far as they were concerned they were already out , yet their stuff was still there so i had to call both my nephew Mikey and my daughter krystal to come over and basically officialize their , " moving out ". if you will , they never want to do the grunt work , but its their stuff so they took out all their stuff one last time and both of them , even though they didn't want to let me in on their thoughts , I knew , were sad , but if they wanted to continue to live with us , they would have done so , so their was no need for the emotional depression, I was seeing from them ,but ... I was glad they still loved us even though they would never give us the time of day to know that lol! I know both of them will be back , their just teenage kids learning what the worlds about , and both of them wanted to learn the difficult way, so what are you gonna do? I guess I should give them credit for that , I mean whats so funny is they both know they can depend on us when they get in a jam , but they gotta learn! neways back to my story of my friends from england , so the next day we had to be back here for my kitchen to be approved by the permit lady so we had to wait until she came by and she took a while to get over to the house , so the mom of the bunch from England really wanted to see her friend that she hadn't seen for over 20yrs! She made it sound soooo dire , that if she left her waiting even for a minute it would be absolute sin! the drama of it all , nice lady butt... neways so she started to go into a panic and we finally got their to the hollywoood house and she was out the door waiting to get into the car saying in her accent, " we need to really get goin' because my friend is waiting for me , and i haven't seen her in over 20yrs . , " ok heard you say that a thousand times already! so I bite my lip and go with a smile , " ok lets be goin then , so we head out to Venice Beach. In this picture we were all happy to be hangin' out ,In fact, Im surprised the mama on the left is actually smiling for the picture because she was very stressed out, she was keeping her precious friend she hadn't seen for over 20yrs waiting,

So... we were having a good time and all was well.....

Now when ya come to Cali , you gotta be chill... you gotta relax , especially when your on vacation with some really fun , earthy peeps seriously , the kids understood that , the dad Andy understood that , but mama Annette , well she couldn't always dive into that mode ,especially when it came to her iceland friend buddy again, " that she hadn't seen in 20yrs!" So off we went . We're called La La Land for a reason , you gotta be chill , fall in...enjoy....


Buttt!!!! Their went Annette again , " my friend Ally is waiting we have to go", she was the most long playing record I had met at this point . Now I only met her once , and Im sure in the end she didn't care to much for me , I was totally not her type of friend , I don't think I met her maturity qualifications , she did say she was older , so....

She finally gets to her precious Ally , this woman was like a moviestar to me at this point , "Ally this! and Ally that! " ALLY!ALLY!ALLY! I was very curious to know what she was about , what made Annette just bow down so intensely , I was thinking did she come up with a cure for cancer? thats how much she looked up to this woman , I found out later , it was a bit obnoxious really , she's just like you and me.....


This was the infamous Ally , just a wanna be high class / middle class woman , single mom tryin', like the rest of us, to make it in an enteprenaur world . Beside her was her daughter Petra , who didn't care to much for us , but was very well cultured , she has traveled all around the world for only being 14yrs old . We were all kinda bored , they really should have had their time alone and we all could have checked out Venice Beach , I think they would have liked that alot more than just watching Annette converse with her Ally .


This is who I am , I don't try to be something I'm not . I love being me because I am a happier person when I can truly be myself . If someone doesn't like who I am , what I am , then it be best that ya stay away . I think at the end of their trip , mama Annette realized she probably doesn't want to know me . I am just a boheimian , hippie chic that doesn't meet her qualifications as a , " successful woman ", I mean , she couldn't even stomach my smiles thats how much she didn't like me LOL! what can I say....

Well this was part 1 of my lovely time with my friends from England , dont get me wrong ,I think they are an adorable family , it reminds me that we all tolerate one another, just so we can have a good time.I don't think I won't know these people again , I just don't think that mama Annette is really gonna be able to handle having me around , the rest of the family loved me : )
I will tell you more about this story later on... in the mean time , I got to get back to work on my lovely house , my grandbaby is comin' over to visit me tomorrow so i gotta tidy up . talk to ya laters!









No comments:

Post a Comment